Crafting: Cross stitch

April 12, 2015

In my recent attempts to be a more well rounded individual I decided I'd try and take on a little challenge in the form of a large cross stitch. Now, I'm not exactly a stranger to them, meaning I've made a couple of those 99p christmas scenes that you make a card out of - not exactly tricky! However this time i thought I'd push the boat out and really push myself.


So what did I chose? A rather lovely fox. Measuring a rather respectable 33.5 x 27.9 cm this certainly is a step up from my christmas cards. 

Dimensions Sunlit Fox cross stitch

I've been working on this for a week now and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the progress. In case it's not too obvious the area I decided to start with is the foxes leg.
One week on - the foxes leg 

It's certainly not perfect, it does slightly irritate me to see the areas where I was a bit careless with the stitching, but this is all part of the journey of my first large cross stitch. 
I'm enjoying the process so I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm updating you with a much larger area to show for myself.

Are you taking up any crafting this spring? I'd love to hear about everyone else's up and coming projects.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments