Beauty: Two Bright Colour Palettes

May 02, 2015

It seems like nowadays everything is neutral and I'm bored of it! I miss the days when I could turn to youtube and see something exciting! But now it's just another neutral palette and another neutral makeup look. So today I went out on a mission, to add some colour into my life.

revolution-day-of-the-dead-gosh-to-play-with-in-vegas
My new bright colour palettes
As much as I wanted a colour injection I didn't fancy paying too much so I headed to Superdrug and found these two beauties.

Revolution - Dia de los Muertos (Salvation Day of the Dead) Palette

Lets start with my favourite of the two the Makeup Revolution London "Dia de los Muertos" palette. This pallet has 12 shimmer shades and 6 mattes, that's a lot of shadow to play with!

makeup-revolution-london-dia-de-los-muertos-salvation-day-of-the-day-palette
Revolution - Salvation (Day of the Dead) Palette
Ok, lets not dance around the obvious here, there three crazy colours in here, a bright pink, tennis ball yellow and bright purple. I'll be the first to admit I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with these yet but that's the fun part!
Now prepare for swatch overload....

dia-de-los-muertos
L-R: Love life, laugh more, redemption is near, get busy living, affirmation and get out there.
dia-de-los-muertos
As above with flash.
The top line of the palette has an excellent champagne colour "love life" and another rather lovely colour "get busy living" is a really nice shimmer grape shade. It's worth noting that these top two lines are all shimmers.
dia-de-los-muertos
L-R: Live life, smile, salvation is inside, or get busy dying, celebrate life and turn the TV off. 
dia-de-los-muertos
As above without flash. 
Again with start of with a few neutral shades, "smile" which is a lovely muted pale pink shade is my particular favourite here. I'm not to sure about "salvation is inside" it is almost identical to "laugh more" on the row above however has a slightly more yellow cast to it. "Turn the TV off" is also a colour I'm not too sure about it's a nice purple there's a lot of black in it. 

Now for the matte shades... 

dia-de-los-muertos
L-R: There's no time to waste, There is always a way back, Comeback queen, Go and get the world, Live with passion and Be you. 
dia-de-los-muertos
As above with flash. 
Again with start with four easily wearable matte colours which I'm sure I'll get a lot os use out of. The final two shades are going to be much more of a challenge but that's what playing with makeup should be about. 

Overall I'm pretty impressed with this palette, there's a great mix of normal and crazy colours as well as good colour payoff from the shadows. Best of all? It's only £6, what a bargain! Available here.

Gosh - 9 Shades... to play with in Vegas

Now this palette I bought on a bit more of a whim, there's currently a 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetics in Superdrug and I'm not going to lie I only bought this for one shade! 

gosh-9-shades-to-play-with-in-vegas-palette
Gosh - 9 shades... to play with in Vegas.
 In terms of wanting a bit of colour this palette certainly is the business, there's not a neutral in site and I love that!

9-shades-to-play-with-in-vegas
No names for the colours in this palette.
As above with flash. 
I've been searching for a bright coral eyeshadow for quite some time and bought this palette just for that shade (fourth from the right) and it's exactly what I wanted. The downside of this palette is that it's a little more expensive £10 for only 9 shades. If you're looking for a statement palette thought this is the one, once again the colour payoff is good (except possibly the yellow) and has an interesting selection - available here.

This is a perfect palette for adding something extra into your makeup bag and whilst it definitely not wearable on it's own it can easily mixed with the palette above to create a gorgeous makeup look....

coral-eye-shadow-makeup
coral-eye-shadow-makeup

To create this look I used the coral shade from the Gosh palette and the shades "laugh more" and "comeback queen" from the Revolution palette. 

One final point about both of these lovely palettes - they have huge mirrors in them which I love! 


Are you bored of neutrals and ready to add in a bit more colour? Let's bring back some life to our makeup looks! 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm glad you were able to get something you wanted and got out of the "neutral colour"-habit. I loved it when people used flashing colours and what they created with all the different shades they could find. Since I don't use make up (but loooove looking at it on people) I don't know too much about it, but what you bought here looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing this ♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, I really need to practice taking makeup shots it's not something I've got quite right yet!

      Delete
  2. Ah these look lovely. I do really like getting some drugstore palettes with brighter colours to mix it up every now and again! I have one of the Sleek ones which has some nice blues and greens! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sleek ones do look good, I was quite torn as to what to buy! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, the colours on that Makeup Revolution London palette look so good!

    http://mynotebookofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite something! I'm really loving using it :)

      Delete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *