Day Trippin' Liverpool

May 27, 2015

As promised earlier this week here's a little look into my bank holiday activity, a day trip out to Liverpool with my boyfriend, we headed an hour along the motorway on Sunday to have a nice little outing.

After an initially dodgy start trying to find anywhere to park we headed over to the docks to see the event of the weekend, the cruise ship The Queen Mary 2.


queen-mary-2-liverpool
Queen Mary 2 - Liverpool 
Having never seen a cruise ship before I was expecting big things but I think it's fair to say we were both a little underwhelmed.
After the seeing the ship we headed back over the the Albert Dock.


albert-dock-liverpool
The Albert Dock
Whilst at the docks we had a look around the Tate however neither of us are that appreciative of modern art so we didn't hang around too long.
We also visited the Maritime Museum I definitely preferred this to the Tate. As the name suggests it's a nautical museum, my favourite area was the Titanic and Liverpool area.
If you've been inside you'll know there are lists of passengers that were onboard divided up into class and crew. It was fun to find a potential relative that had been on board! 


jelly-bean-beatles-albert-dock-liverpool
Jelly bean Beatles!! 
As we headed around the docks we also saw this beauty (pictured above) the amazing jelly bean portrait of the Beatles - now this is art I appreciate (and want to eat!!)
From here we stopped for a bit of lunch, nothing too exciting it was our homemade sandwiches - we're thrifty like that.
Then we ventured around Liverpool One, our shopping wasn't too successful and we only managed to buy a DVD and BBQ sauce.  


central-perk-liverpool
Central Perk - Hatton Garden 
We ended the day by seeking out the Friends themed café - Central Perk. I believe there are two in the city (located on Bold street and Hatton Garden) being a Friend's lover I wanted to maximise my experience so we headed to the Hatton Garden location thinking it's be a bit quieter further out of the centre. It was very quiet - a shame really I do hope it gets good business!

So that's a quick round up of our little trip out to Liverpool we had a great time visiting another city and think that a few more day trips are in order!


Have you visited Liverpool recently? Where would you recommend for a day out in the UK?

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. ohhh I really want to go to the Friends themed café! Thats the only thing Id want to do in Liverpool anyway hahaha.

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have episodes playing whilst you're in there it's pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. I love Liverpool! I recently spent a night there and I thought there was so much to do (I live in York where there's hardly anything to do lol) I will have to check out the Friends themed café next time I go!

    www.simplisticallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a good find :) that's a shame about York I've been thinking of visiting!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've only been once and that was just to the Uni, I'd love to have a proper look around :)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow its been years since ive been to liverpool the last time i went there, i was in college and got lost with a friend lol, dont know how i could get lost but we managed it lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College was the last time I'd been before Sunday so it was really good to see how it had changed!
      It's easy to get lost in a city you're not used to, although it's not that big... :P

      Delete
  5. That's so cool that there's a Central Perk there! I love it!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I found out about it!! :D

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really lovely, I have friends from Liverpool and I always struggle to understand their accent :D xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I get what you mean it's definitely an accent you have to tune into :P

      Delete
  8. Great post! And you are very beautiful

    avanzy.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks cool! i'm hopefully visiting england later in the year :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out Liverpool if you get the chance! Of course Manchester too, but I would say that :P

      Delete
  10. Never been to Liverpool before but I've already heard a lot of positive things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a visit if you're ever in the area!

      Delete
  11. I really like the way you write, also I like to read your posts and your blog is just awesome! :D Will definitely come back for more, can't wait for your next post! :) Keep up the great work, I'm a fan!!! ♥

    xoxo Ana

    www.the-secret-life-of-ana-g.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really happy you enjoy my blog :D

      Delete