L'Oréal Infallible First Impressions (Classic Makeup Tutorial)

May 17, 2015

This weekend I decided to take advantage of Boots' 3 for 2 deal on L'Oréal products and try out the Infallible range that everyone and their mother seems to be loving. I however didn't go for that all coveted matt foundation so instead I have a difference selection of products on offer for you...


l'oreal-infallible-primer-foundation-lip-colour
L-R: Satin Foundation, Face Primer and "Lipstick"
When I was browsing the products I noticed the Satin Finish Infallible Foundation was tailored towards dryer skin so with having combination skin that's a bit more on the dry side at the moment I thought I'd give that a try. I also picked up the mattifying primer and a bright red "lipstick" - I use the term loosely as it's the consistency of a gloss. 

So lets get onto my first impressions of the products...

Mattifying Base
Now, I'll admit I'm not a big primer person, needing that extra moisture means it's a stage i tend to skip so my comparison of this is only to the two others I've tried - the Gosh primer and Benefit porefessional. I have to say this to me seemed like a very average primer it had a smooth, soft texture and as my makeup stayed on well i guess it did the job. My foundation didn't apply to smoothly but i do think that's more down to my awkward skin, so overall it's pretty mundane

Satin Finish Foundation
I picked up the shade porcelain which I have to admit is a bit on the pale side. From my internet browsing afterwards it seems there are more shades than were stocked in my local yet fairly large boots but it's still not a fantastic range - especially if you're looking for a darker shade. 
When i first applied the product I found it clung a bit to the dry patches of my skin, however with a little patience it did end up settling fairly nicely but I definitely would have preferred something a bit more dewy in finish from it. 
As for the wear I didn't get to test it for 24 hours but I did have it on for a good 10 in which time it hadn't really budged- result! 

24 Hour Lip Colour
This for me is the show stopper, the product that outshines the other two by far! After a little apprehension about wearing such a bold colour I've decided it really is stunning. I was looking for a "classic" red and I certainly found it. When the product is first applied it looks matte and has a sticky consistency but once the top balm is applied it has a beautiful sheen and is nice and soft. The balm need topping up throughout the day to keep your lips smooth and to add shine - any only balm will do here. The colour does not budge - seriously. I wore this all day and at the end it was still looking fresh but I did encounter problems actually removing it! My regular Garnier Micellar water didn't do a thing, it took the Clinque cleansing balm to get it to finally shift. 
So moral of the story, if you buy this lip colour buy an oil based remover or cleansing balm to get it off!

I bought all my products from boots (also available in Superdrug), they're all in the £7.99-£9.99 ball park so generally affordable. 
Available here: Primer | Foundation | Lipstick

If you want to see my exact first impressions and how I applied the products be sure to check out my video! 



Thanks for reading! 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. these are very good products!!!
    big hug to you.
    Check it out my new post:
    http://www.honeyandcotton.org/un-look-trendy-e-sexy-per-la-tua-estate/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think they're pretty good too - I can't wait to pick up another lip colour :)

      Delete
  2. I agree about the foundation. I bought the matte one and it really highlighted my dry spots which was a shame as it has quite good coverage :(
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the coverage was pretty good! Our perfect foundation search continues... :)

      Delete
  3. Great video, love the end look! I bought the Mattifying foundation the other day, but I haven't tried it yet. I hope it works well for my skin and doesn't highlight imperfections.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot I really appreciate you taking the time to watch :) glad you liked it! I hope it works well for you.

      Delete
  4. That lipstick looks so beautiful - amazing how it stayed on all day! I'll have to hunt for it on my next trip to Boots :) xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you pick up something to remove it too! I can't wait to pick up another shade :)

      Delete
  5. I love this brand, Loreal, and I would love to try the lipstick!
    http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I :) I'm hoping to pick up another shade in it now!

      Delete
  6. I really can't decide whether to go for the satin finish or the matte if I buy the foundation - I have combination skin so feel like I need a combination of the two!!

    http://laura-wardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is combination too so I certainly feel that pain!
      This foundation clung to my dry areas a bit :/ but it was fine on the more oily patches!
      It really is annoying!!!

      Delete
  7. The lipstick seems really cool, I love red lipsticks so I would try that one out! :D

    http://mynotebookofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do :) That lipstick is great if you keep topping it up with lip balm throughout the day!

      Delete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *