Reviewed - Mad Max: Fury Road

by - May 18, 2015

15 | 2hr 0 mins | Action/Sci-fi/Adventure

If you  haven't heard of "Mad Max: Fury Road" by now I might have to question where you've been the last couple of weeks because it's being advertised everywhere. I went to see it the day it came out (last Thursday - 14th May), sad I know but what else is the cineworld unlimited card for!So why no Friday review? I usually post the day after my trip to the cinema but this film is a little different - I needed time to process.

Trailer:

Synopsis:
After the world has been devasted all that remains is barren wasterland and humans trying to survive in the harsh conditions, a lesson that Max teaches us at the very beginning... survive. He is, however, captured and used by his captors as nothing more than a "blood bag" for the war boys. The leader of this starnge cult that captures him sends out one of his war machines with driver Furiosa at the wheel to stock up on gasoline. However, she has other ideas and stows away his pride breeders and somehow (after a lot of chaos) our Max ends up helping them escape!

My Thoughts:
You'd be forgiven for thinking that this film had been blessed upon us by the god's of cinema there really is that much hype. To be fair it worked as I was looking forward to seeing it and whilst yes I agree it is a good film I don't undrstand the obession! I enjoyed watching this, the directing is very good, the cinematography excellent, the whole film is a nicely put together package. Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron obviously give very good performances but I believe it's Nicholas Hoult's role as Nux the warboy  that really steals the show - he's come a long way from that terrible haircut in about a boy.
Overall I was a little underwhelmed but perhaps that was because of the hype and I suppose there were times when I felt the story wasn't progressing as quickly as it should have (I did check my watch at one point!)
I would recommend watching this film is you enjoy sci-fi/action/adventure but if you're just going to tag along with someone else you probably won't enjoy it.

My Rating:
8/10

You May Also Like

28 comments

  1. I've watched the old mad max's (would not recommend haha) and I can't wait to see this one! I hope it wasn't as confusing as the old ones.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was well worth a watch :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds awesome!! :)<3

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance to see it :)

      Delete
  4. I have been very hesitant to go watch the movie as I love the original Mad Max trilogy and know I will be disappointed...

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's better to preserve the memory, I wouldn't want you to spoil it! I find that watching new versions of horror movies really ruins the franchises for me.... I'm looking at you new poltergesit, don't let me down!

      Delete
  5. This movie doesn't come out in my country cinema till next week, so that sucks... I am a bit hesitant about this movie because I am not a big fan of sci-fi but maybe I will if I find time :)

    -L The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, at least you have time to see what the general reaction is to it first! I'd say it's not particularly sci-fi (more just that it's set ahead of now) its definitely more focused on action :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting Thanks for sharing. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen any of the movies yet, not old not the new one. But I've came across the trailer in the teater and I really like the cast, so I'm considering it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what's good about this film is you don't have to have seen any of the others (it obviously would help a bit) but you could easily grasp it with no prior knowledge!
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  8. Great post! :)

    http://alex-faashion.blogspot.com/ Please follow my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was an awful lot of hype, I din't think I would overly enjoy this though as I'm not a massive fan of sci-fi/adventure!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always skeptical about films with a lot of attention... It's not too sci-fi based but lots of action/adventure

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like realistic type movies, ones that can actually happen, so I'll probably skip over this one. Thanks for the review!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, this definitely isn't the film for you!

      Delete
  13. You have an amazing blog! What you think of follow for follow?

    xoxo
    BLOG // FB PAGE // BLOG'S GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I'm glad you do :P I do wonder sometimes if people read my reviews and think... That's not at all what it was like lol

      Delete