A little motivation...

by - May 13, 2015


It's 14:12 and I'm sat at my work desk. Today I spent the morning mopping and the highlight of my afternoon will probably be when I walk around recording room temperatures...
What I'm trying to say is I'm a bit fed up of my current job. Yes there are certain perks; I can wear more casual clothes than an office job, I have freedom to be on the internet (as long as no one is looking) and I can use a student card - woohoo! But I'm definitely lacking in inspiration here.

In case you didn't know I'm a lab technician, does it sound exciting? It's not. I got a degree so that I could do something interesting and worth while not restock gloves and sign for packages.
Does it sound familiar?
So many recent graduates out there are in terrible jobs some of them not even related to what they want to be doing - perhaps I'm lucky then?

It's not just graduates I've watched my family for years moan about their dead end jobs and now I'm no different.

I sometimes blame being indecisive. I never really figured out what I wanted to do and just got caught up in the flow. Now here I am at 23 too scared to admit I chose the wrong path because the thought of working for nothing troubles me even more. But I still don't know what the right path even is!

I don't know what I want to do yet but I know it isn't this, so I thought I'd reach out to my fellow "hate their job"er's and say I'm with you, now what should we do?

I've spent a few days browsing the job vacancies going in my area, much to my disappointment the ideal place of work doesn't seem to exist - does anyone know where you can get paid to sit and knit all day? But I did find something, equally as boring, but with better hours so that's a plus I guess.

The point is if you feel stuck in a rut or down right can't stand what you're doing what are you going to do about it? No one will come along with that dream job on a plate. It's a cut throat vacancy world and you've got to stand your ground to make your way in it.

I still don't know what I'm doing but I'm always searching for the next slight improvement, hopefully that will come in the form of a 2pm finish on a Friday if I get the new job!

I'm starting to think my dream is something creative and more importantly something where I'm the boss but this has yet to materialise into anything tangible. 

So right now thing's aren't perfect and they might not be for you either but we should all keep our chins up and keep thinking I can improve my situation. Hang on in there!



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've totally been there too! I'm absolutely terrified of ending up in a dead end job that I dread going to :'(
    I think the only thing you can do is set aside time each day to pursue the things you really want to do! Or at least that's what I'm doing but we'll see how well it goes x
    Almsee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's all about how you make the most of that you time :)

      Delete
  2. I kind of know how you feel. I am about to graduate and I have no idea what job I want. I'm desperate for money though so I've literally just been applying for any job I can find (mostly admin, exciting), but I know I am going to hate it. I really hope you end up finding your dream job soon, or even something that you enjoy a bit!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so hard transitioning from uni life to the working world, it's certainly a culture shock! I applied everywhere I could too, I hope we can make some money and move onto our dream jobs further down the line :)

      Delete
  3. Again I also know how you feel! At the moment I just do a basic job and don't have anything behind me really but I enjoy it but it would be nice to have something better and more rewarding xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pain that everywhere wants you to have years of experience before they'll take you on :/ a rewarding job is the goal! But I guess the only way to really appreciate it is to go through the basics first!

      Delete