Myth or Magic: Baking Soda & Lemon Juice Blackhead Remover

by - June 22, 2015

It's a new week and that means it's time for a new video! If you're new to my blog you might not be aware I've started a Youtube channel where I've been trying to post two videos a week (sorry for last weeks fail!!)

This week I decided to test out something that I've been meaning to look into for a long time. As a bad skin sufferer I'm willing to give most remedies a go that claim to improve my complexion - especially if they're homemade and all natural!
With that in mind I decided to try out the Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Blackhead Remover. If you've not seen this "miracle cure" floating around the internet where have you been?!


I've decided to make this video in the format of a little series, Beauty myth or magic. It's actually an idea I had about 2 years ago and though if I ever make a Youtube channel that'll be a series I need to do!

I obviously recommend you watch the video but for those of you too time pressed or just not in the mood the result is as follows....

Is Baking soda & lemon curing your blackhead problems myth or magic: beauty myth 

It's an unfortunate results, I was hoping for at least a little change, nevertheless I shall continue my quest to put the internets "miracle" beauty claims to the test!

You May Also Like

21 comments

  1. Aww that's a shame this one is a myth :( Such a good idea to try these out though, I look forward to seeing more of them from you! Also, thank you for your comment on my last post. Means a lot. Positivity is definitely the way forward xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to trying about more things :D Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  2. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah shame it's a myth! That would have been a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately! Maybe I'll come across a real miracle next time :P

      Delete
  4. Booooo, I'm looking for a blackhead solution and came across this, now I know not to waste my time :P

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame it didn't work, I actually had high hopes for this one!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I hope the next one works better :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Rachel! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! :)

    Here → http://www.lamial.com/blog/the-versatile-blogger-award

    Xoxo
    www.LamiaL.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great test!
    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ashamed to say that I had never heard of this combination being good for balckheads! Its such a shame it didn't work and that it turned out to be a beauty myth, I suffer from quite bad blackheads so I'm glad you've let us know not to try it! :) x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one day I'll come across a good one the share, it's amazing how many concoctions people have come up with and say they work!

      Delete
  9. Hate that it's a myth, but I look forward to more Myth or Magic posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I hope there will actually be a few magics!!

      Delete
  10. Its a shame this didn't work! I wanted to try this a while back so I'm glad I didn't bother

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I saved you some disappointment :P

      Delete
  11. A lot of times these things don't work for me either. Baking soda is definitely great for white teeth, though! :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so I've heard! Maybe that's a good one to test out :D

      Delete
  12. That's such a shame that this didn't work for you, I was really hoping it would! Onwards & upwards.. ! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete