Interview Success

June 08, 2015

Happy Monday!
It might be a long week ahead for some of us, especially those that are wasting away in bad jobs, but for some people out there it could be an important week - the week they interview for a new job!

I'm currently looking for a new job and whilst I'm not finding anything out there at the moment finding and interviewing for new jobs is something I have a lot of experience with!
I thought I'd pass on a few tips I've picked up along the way and give some advise on the type of outfits appropriate for interviews - check out my most recent video for everything you need to know!!



If you don't fancy watching (but I highly recommend you do) here's a quick summary of some of my pearls of wisdom:

  • Confidence is key, take a deep breath and tell yourself you can do this!
  • Practise your handshake - no one likes a limp one, ew
  • Research the company you're interviewing for, make sure you know some basic facts and figures and a little something extra to impress them.
  • Prepare answers for "Stock Questions" and try to make sure they are real examples.
  • If they've given you a dress code stick to it! But I think as smart as possible is generally best.
  • If you're interviewing for a fashion retailer try to wear something from their current season.
  • My biggest tip of all though? SMILE!
So that's it for now, be sure to check the video out for different outfit inspiration and don't forget to subscribe if you enjoy it! 

Good luck to anyone out there that's embarking on a new career from full time executive to part time summer positions - make sure you dress your best! 

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Love your green skirt :)

    These are awesome tips!

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do too, it was such a bargain as well :P

      Delete
  2. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and thoughtful tips. I wish you success on your search.

    Ka

    ReplyDelete
  5. great video, such great looks :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, good luck with the job hunting!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i definitely don't have a lot of experience with this, thanks for sharing!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it'll help some day :)

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your job hunting!! I'm sure you'll find something in no time! :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great tips!! And I wish you the best! You will find your place!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! I find a smile definitely goes a long way!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dressing your best makes you feel your best, which gives you that confidence to really nail that interview! These are all such great points, thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice! Some other adds: ask LOTS of questions and follow up with a thank you note :)

    -Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheehs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! I love the video, do you do regular vlogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching! I'd like to have a go but I don't at the moment, I've been trying to upload two videos a week :)

      Delete
  15. I am in the middle of searching for a new job. These were great tips

    ReplyDelete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *