Review: Jurassic World

June 12, 2015

Last night was an even I've been looking forward to for some time, opening night of Jurassic World. As a kid I loved dinosaurs (that's right I'm admiting it) I even had plenty of toy ones! So the kid in me was almost too excited when I heard this film was being made! Unfortunately James and I made it to the cinema a little late in the day, if we could have gone earlier we'd have seen the really cool Jurassic World gates they'd had up all day! - damn full time work!!

Jurassic World
12A | 2h 4mins | Sci-Fi/ Action / Adventure

Synopsis
Teenager Zach and his little brother Gray go to visit their Aunt Claire (a woman of senior position) at the Jurassic World theme park - twenty two years after the devesatation of Jurassic Park. They couldn't have come to visit at a worse time as the theme parks soon-to-be-new attraction, the Indominus Rex, a genetic hybrid designed to be more ferocious than any dinosaur before her happens to escape!
Of course things go down hill when she breaches her containment and it's down to ex-marine Owen to save the day. 

Trailer: 




My Thoughts:
Ok, so I've already mentioned I love dinosaurs so I'm going to come out and say it... I loved this film! But I know not everyone will be as loving as me so I'll try to be objective - try.
One of the main reasons I liked this film is that it feels like a film in it's own right, yes it follows that same plot line as the original, but at the same time I don't feel like it's been copied. There were many decisions made regarding keeping this film a bit separate from the original franchaise. Original actors were deliberately left out and I feel that really was the right choice and if you're a lover of the first film then you should be able to apreciate this in it's own right!
Jurassic World has excellent effects - this being the first of the films to not use animatronic dinosaurs and it shows in a good way. I should mention the velociraptors or as James now likes to call them puppysaurs (as they reminded him of my naughty puppy Zuzu) it was interesting to create a dinosaur that you felt very warm towards.
The plot line does follow that simple; people come to the park, a dinosaur escapes, causes havoc, heros save the day regarding the main characters, island can no longer be inhabited story. To be fair though is that not what you came for?
The acting in this film is very good and will keep you entertained, it has funny moments (mostly with the control room characters) it's aesthetically very pleasing to watch and there's even a cheap jump there - watch out for the pig!
One thing that did disappoint me was actually the theme tune. Jurassic Park has two if you remember, the classic one, you know the one! duhduuh duhduuh dududuuuh duduh duh duh, and what I think of as the "softer" one. This film does use that "softer" theme music but to my disappointment never what I consider the classic.

Score
I have to say I'm torn between the scores for this film so I'm giving it two!
For the average person:
7/10
For the geeky dino lover like me:
8/10 
 



  

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Too bad about the music. I wasn't to sure about this when I first saw the trailer, usually sequels always suck. But I think might check this one out :)
    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed it definitely didn't have that sequel feel to it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! I've been thinking about going to see this as I loved the original movie so much (not to mention, Chris Pratt was looking pretty good in the previews....) That's a little disappointing about the original music, I love the work of John Williams!

    ~Lor @ lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend watching it!! I understand they didn't want it to copy the original too much, hence no Jurassic Park theme, but yes John Williams was a genius!!

      Delete
  3. I really want to see this! The effects look really good, an obvious improvement from the 90s originals. Thank you for the review, I am also a bit of a dinosaur nerd/general nerd so I think I'll probably go and see it!

    Holly Olivia x

    www.hollyoliviacreates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review, I'd love to know what you think if you do go and see it!!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see this movie! I'm jealous you've gone to see it already lol Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies in the 90s and with all the improvements they've made with technology I can't see what they've done with this movie. Great Review!!

    Jessica Michelle xx

    www.jessicamarksbury.com/thechiclife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great film :) If it weren't for my job I'd have been first in line for the first showing :P

      Delete
  5. great review! <3 really want to watch it! shame about the soundtrack!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) I hope you get to see it!!

      Delete
  6. This is such a must watch movie! I'm so excited to watch it with my bf :)

    Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good, almost makes me want to go back again!

      Delete
  7. Great review! Can't wait to watch...

    xo | The Fashion Forecast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed :D Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  8. Great article!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Photographe Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I can't wait to see this now! Everyone seems to love it

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to meet someone who hasn't loved it :)

      Delete
  10. As a kid I loved Jurrasic World, so I can`t wait to see this one. I think Chris Pratt is really talented, I have high hopes for this role.

    http://www.beautynerd.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Pratt did a great job :) It's a really good watch!

      Delete
  11. Great review!
    I nominated you for the versatile blogger award which you can find on my blog :)

    All Things Amrit♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to doing it!!

      Delete
  12. I loved Jurrasic world! I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt warm towards the raptors, I loved their relationship with Chris Pine! x

    www.ellebloggs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still loving the raptors now :P
      Glad you enjoyed the film!

      Delete
  13. I just saw it last night and thought it was really good! I saw it in Spanish so things like 'puppysaurs' were totally lost on me but I thought it was amazing! The raptors (aw blue) were adorable (you know, when they weren't eating someone)


    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly were adorable! I wish it were real, I'd still go and visit :P

      Delete
  14. I'm curious about this movie!

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to see this film, it looks amazing, i used to love all the older jurassic films. x

    ReplyDelete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *