A very healthy breakfast!

June 29, 2015

In my attempt to become healthier I ditched my usual full breakfast this Sunday in exchange for something a lot healthier. I was kindly asked to collaborate with British Lion Eggs and being an egg lover I had to accept! 
In case you've never heard of them British Lion are the people that stamp your egg with a red lion to show that it's safe to eat! Yay for eating raw cake batter without getting Salmonella!

This is an incredibly simple and healthy breakfast but most of all it's delicious! 
You will need:

  • An egg
  • Half an avocado
  • A slice of nice bread
  • Hot sauce (optional)

british-lion-eggs
The Lion seal of approval
First you'll want to start on that egg. Now when it comes to eggs I love a good poached one but everybody knows I am shockingly bad at them. This little poaching pan is a life saver for getting it right every time! 4 minutes should be just right for a gooey centre. 

kitchen-craft-egg-poacher
Kitchen Craft Egg Poacher
Whilst the egg is cooking chop your avocado in half, scoop out one of the halves and mush it up!

tip: if you want to save your avocado mush for later add a few drops of lemon juice to stop it going brown. 

mushed-avocado
Mushed avocado
Lightly toast your bread of choice, fancy or otherwise, I opted for a very fresh and soft white bread. Once that's done spread your avocado over the top.

avocado-on-toast
Spread your avocado on the toast
After 4 minutes the egg was ready to come out - perfect!

kitchen-craft-egg-poacher
Perfectly poached egg
Now simply pop your poached egg onto the top of the toast and avocado and viola! A very simple and healthy breakfast! I had some tabasco to add a bit of extra flavour and some orange juice to wash it all down. All in all it took less than 10 minutes to do everything - so simple!
tip: for a bit of extra flavour add your favourite hot sauce over the top or sprinkle on some smoked paprika!

poached-egg-avacado-toast
The finished meal
perfect-poached-egg
Perfectly poached
This was definitely much healthier than I'm used too and eggs are a great breakfast food, if you're worried about cholesterol in eggs  you needn't be they contain a lot of healthy minerals, vitamins, proteins and fats.

What are your favourite healthy breakfasts? 

*This post was in collaboration with British Lion Eggs, I received the Kitchen craft egg poacher in exchange for this post but the recipe and all opinions are my own. 

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Yum! This looks great and much better than my boring toast with spread every day :p

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes and the best part is that it was still a fairly minimal amount of effort!

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing! I love avocados, because it is such a tasty and healthy alternativ to butter!

    Lots of Love xxx
    Geena | geenush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious and so easy to make! My favorite breakfast food would probably be fruit.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to incorporate more fruit in my daily breakfasts :)

      Delete
  4. Haha I did a post on mashed avocado on toast yesterday! Mine's with bacon, though, although I do love a poached egg, which after YEARS I am finally able to do without ballsing every single one up.

    Hannah x
    http://xhannahsaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking out your post, I love bacon :P I definitely can't poach an egg without this pan!!

      Delete
  5. Looks yummy!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm looks really good! I like to have Kashi Granola cereal mixed with plain greek yogurt, bananas and strawberries. Yum!
    -bree
    brennasbadblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a really tasty breakfast :)

      Delete
  7. looks really yummy n healthy , i think i might do something similar to this later =) x

    http://teddybearpaws1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete