Product of the Month - June

July 01, 2015

June had flown by already and we're well and truly in the summer! This months product of the month is probably something that will really come into it's own in the cold winter months but it's already impressing me now!! Introducing the Schwarkopf got2b Mind Blowing Xpress Dry Styling Spray.

schwarkopf-got2b-mind-blowing-styling-spray
So I'm going to start off by syaing one thing I hate about this product (you heard me right, don't worry it's still a winner) and that is the name, the range called got2b irritates me, how about got to be but missing the E off Express is just a step to far! 

Ok, rant over, so what's so good about this product? Let's see what Scwarzkopf claim:
  • Speeds up your blow-dry
  • Detangles and conditions hair
  • Provides heat protection against dryers
So does it do these things? Yes and No.

I have particularly tangled hair and to be perfectly honest it did not  improve the situation, but at the same time it didn't make it any worse. So that point is neither here nor there.
As for providing heat protection, this is something I've never really known how you can properly test? Having said that there is definitely no extra frizzyness since I have used this and during that time I have used my hairdryer a lot more.
So you're probably thinking this is pretty mundane right now = why is this deserving of product of the month?!


schwarzkopf-got2b-mind-blowing-xpress-dry-styling-spray

Let me tell you...
The one reason I bought this product is that first claim "speeds up your blow-dry" I absolutely hate drying my hair! I have to do it though because the one thing worse than drying it is not and having my neck get itchy!
To completely dry my hair takes around 15 minutes but most days I will give the top of my neck and the hairline around my face a 5 minute blast and be done with it.
So as you've probably guessed by now, does thing speed up your blow dry? Yes! I'm still really lazy and only do a quick 5 minute blast but instead of a few dry patches almost all of my hair is dry! To completely dry it has taken about 8 minutes with this spray - nearly half the amount of time!
I also have found that it even speeds up the drying process when left to air dry.

I have to say the first time I used this I found the texture it gave to my hair a little odd, I'm assuming it's down to the "PEG" ingredients - incase you're wondering, these are generally water hating polymers but now I'm just being a geeky chemist!

So all in all if you want to speed up your hair drying process than look no further! For the other claims I'd try something else instead. But anything that enables my laziness is a winner in my book!

 Currently on offer for  the bargain price of £2.70 from Superdrug! 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I too hate drying my hair and this sounds like the perfect help I need. Soooo cheap! Must go check it out :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid double when I bought mine so it really is a bargain! Hope it works for you :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's already July, it's crazy how the year has flown so far!
    This sounds like a pretty cool product, but I also hate when products try to be 'hip' and abbreviate the text on products!


    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair also takes about a decade to dry after a shower hahaha. A very honest trustworthy review! I will consider buying it, Good Pics ;) x

    vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It loooks amazing, i must get my hands on this! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg thank you for this post! Wasn't too sure about this product when I saw it in the shops the other day! But I think I will definitely be purchasing one now!! Love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out all the details on a post I did over on my blog! https://kaylaalyse.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/ive-been-nominated/

    ReplyDelete