Review: Legend

September 14, 2015

Legend
18 | 2h 11mins | Crime/Thriller

Synopsis

Legend follows the story of the infamous Kray twins, Ronnie and Reggie (Tom Hardy), two of the most well-known gangster's to have walked the streets of London. The story focuses more on Reggie and his relationship with Frances Shea (Emily Browning), telling how they met and lived their lives together. Naive Frances constantly thinks Reggie can change his ways but psychotic brother Ronnie has other ideas.

Trailer



My Thoughts

As someone who knew very little about the story of the Kray twins I did find this a fairly interesting watch, depsite it's fairly long run time there is enough drama, action and the odd bit of comedy to keep you entertained. Tom Hardy does and excellent job portraying both twins. His role as Reggie is charming but he equally masters completely mental for Ronnie! The lovely Emiliy Browning plays sweet and innocent Frances well, I'm going to give a nod to the make-up department here, her eyeliner is so lovely, I've been wearing it like that myself since I saw the film on Thursday! Rated an 18 here in the UK there isn't too much nasty stuff, give or take a few murders. The cinematography and soundtrack were both nice but nothing special.
Overall I liked this film, if you're interested in the Kray's (or perhaps from East London) I'd go and give it a watch, otherwise catch it on TV in a few years time.

My Score
7/10
  

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I saw the trailer and it didnt make me want to go watch it in the cinema...maybe in a few months I will see on sky movies.

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the Kray twins before but have never known too much about them. Definitely want to give this a watch, and I need to check out her eyeliner as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. great film review ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete