Ten Months Later...

by - August 22, 2016

I've missing from the blog scene for quite a while now and to be perfectly honest I have missed it! I thought a good way to ease myself back in would be to revisit a post I wrote 10 months ago and compare my position then and now.

You can have a read of the original post here. In the post I talked about the changes I was going to make in my life and I thought now would be a good time to look back over my choices...

First of all I went on my weekend visit to York and absolutely loved it! So much so in fact that I'll be visiting again this year at an almost identical time. Once again I really am looking forward to the visit, you can read last years post on it here.



Now onto the job, I did go ahead and hand my notice in (although a few weeks later than I had planned) which meant I left my boring dead end job in mid October! Hurrah!

To leave a job where I felt I was wasting away was liberating and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the two and a half selfish months where I wasn't working at all.
I went to the gym, made delicious food, found a love for gardening and had the most organised Christmas anyone has ever had it was fabulous!

I talked about an assessment centre for a job where I was waiting to hear back from and lo and behold I ended up getting the job and I took it and I've been in the role now since January.
I have to admit it's still not what I want in a career, there's a lot more hard work, an awful lot of difficult study and too much travel for my liking. It's an improvement from my last role where I did nothing all day and I'm working with some great people but I'm still on the hunt to find something better.
I'm currently applying for roles which I wouldn't have been able to look at without the experience I've gained this year and I'm desperately hoping to hear back from one application in particular but here's hoping my next job movement will be the permanent one!

It's been a great year of travel since my last post too, Dublin in November, New York in March was an incredible trip followed by a sneaky weekend in Amsterdam and even managed a summer get away to Tenerife so it really has been action packed in terms of seeing the world!





Who knows what the next 10 months will bring but hopefully they'll be much more documented than the past year has been. Watch this space for new weekly content!



It's good to be back blogging world <3 
P.S Don't forget you can follow me on bloglovin!

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Welcome back to blogging :-) I hope you enjoy being back!
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! I absolutely adore York it's such a beautiful city!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I love York, I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  3. Great post and pictures, I love York!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the blogosphere! Hope you had a great time in Dublin (which is where I live!)

    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to the blogger world! Dublin is amazing, I've been living there for 9 months :)


    What about following each other?

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the blogosphere, my dear! It's wonderful, you're looking back to old posts to see how much changed <3

    xx BASH |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back! glad to hear you have a better job now and good luck on getting an even better one!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! It is good to hear that you quit the job you weren't happy with! x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo welcome back! So glad you left your dead end job and have found something better! Fingers crossed that you get a job more in what you want to do!!! <3 xoxo

    https://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! I'd been away from my blog for about a month and it was actually quite refreshing...but made realise how much I missed blogging!

    I love this post, mostly because it gives me motivation to want to find a better job for myself too. My job is ok...but I've been there for too long and for the past year I've regularly wanted to pack it in all together, so need to make some changes soon!

    ReplyDelete