February in Film

February 27, 2017

It’s not the Oscars without a bit of controversy and drama! But now the awards have been handed out it can only mean one thing… Time to roundup the films of Feb – Oh and as I’m sure you’re wondering 2017 marks the first year that I’ve won the annual Nando’s Oscar bet!

February hasn't been quite as actioned packed, racking up 6 new films seen in comparison to January’s 9!

A good one to keep the kids entertained but nothing on the original Lego Movie (2014)

Watched this month: 
The Lego Batman Movie, Hidden Figures, The Founder, Lion, John Wick Chapter 2, A Cure for Wellness

Missed out on: 
Jackie, Gold – If anyone got the chance to see these than please let me know what you thought!

Film of the month:
For me there are two stand out films this month, Hidden Figures and The Founder. Whilst Hidden Figures had that feel good film vibe to it, and I'm sure will be more popular at the box office overall, but I’ll be handing this month’s title to The Founder. Telling the story of how McDonald's came to be we follow Ray Kroc (Michael Keaton) as he goes from Salesman to Fast Food King after a chance order by the quaint little fast food establishment owned and Run by the McDonald Brothers. After experiencing their unique take on food Ray has to share it with the world and uses his persistence to push McDonald’s into the limelight and away from the brothers who started it. It’s entertaining, potentially educational and also hunger inducing and I’m sure it’ll be one I watch again – On a side note that Ray Kroc is certainly a piece of work!



Must Watch: The Founder

Worth Seeing: Hidden Figures

Middle of the Road: John Wick Chapter 2, Lion, The Lego Batman Movie

Give it a miss: A Cure For Wellness – If you’re looking for a good psychological thriller stick to Shutter Island!

On the watch list in March: 
Beauty and the Beast, Logan, Kong: Skull Island


What did you enjoy at the cinema this month? Is anyone else worried about the re-imagining of Beauty and the Beast? 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Yay! Congrats on your Nandos bet ;) I lost horribly, of all the categories I only had six winners! Oh well. I got to see Lion as well this month, and I really enjoyed it (my ultimate Oscars ballot downfall). And, I think I saw La La Land in February... Late January if not. I really wish I lived nearer to a cinema :)

    Also, I'm not worried about Beauty and the Beast, possibly because my friends are hyping it so much, but I am very unimpressed with the amount of live action remakes Disney is pumping out right now. Completely unnecessary.

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney do seem to have gone a bit crazy! Having said that I enjoyed the Jungle Book a lot more than I expected...
      I do appreciate being so close to my cinema, it really helps with getting through all this winter weather as well :)
      I managed to get 14 correct this year :D but you definitely have to think like the academy and not a normal person for your predictions...

      Delete
  2. I haven't made it to the cinema once this month, which is not like me! Really enjoyed this post will definitely be back for the next :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! hopefully you'll manage a trip in March :D

      Delete
  3. I am totally worried, I think Emma Stone is a wonderful actress but i just don't see her as Belle.
    Great product!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be going to watch it, I might even review it :D

      Delete
  4. I actually didnt manage to make it to the cinema at all in Feb which is such a shame as there was loads I wanted to see!

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame it was a good month for it! Maybe you'll still be able to have a catch up :)

      Delete
  5. I was thinking of going to see Hidden Figures. Hope it's still out. Going to see Logan tomorrow so hope that lives up to expectations. I can't waaaait for Beauty and the Beast - it's going to be so good!
    Kate || www.katerattley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'd have love to know how Logan was! Thanks to my dog sitting duties I'll be a bit late watching that one!

      Delete
  6. Definitely want to check out these movies, thanks for sharing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched any of these, thanks for the suggestions!

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get round to seeing some :)

      Delete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *