Monthly Round-up: January

by - February 13, 2017

Can you believe we’re already two weeks into February? I thought it would be a good way for me to reflect on the year by rounding up each month into posts so I can look back and see what I've achieved this year. 

So without further ado let’s revisit the first 1/12th of 2017!

Climbing up Kinder in the Peak District in beautiful snow

Highlights
January was a month of firsts for me and the biggest achievement this month was taking part in my first organised race. On the 21st January I headed down to Lyme Park (a lovely National Trust run country manor and grounds in Disley) in the dark to take place in the Lyme Park Adventurer Night Run, a 6.8km trail up hills through mud and over styles. I managed to complete the course in just under 48 minutes (that time includes having to queue to climb over a style), it might sound a bit slow but considering I’ve never done anything like it I'm pretty proud – you can read more about the run here.

Completing the Lyme Park Night Run

Another first for me in January was going to my first sewing lesson. I'm currently on a six week sewing course and have already made a makeup bag, shopping bag and have started work on a dress! I'm so glad I decided to learn and can’t wait to see what I’ll be able to accomplish this year.

The final highlight of January was the amount of amazing films on at the cinema, with the Oscars just around the corner there has been a constant flow of great things to watch and I managed to rack up a total of 9 cinema trips in January – you can read my January in Film review here!
A special thanks should go to the Cineworld Unlimited card, they very generously had an unlimited advanced screening every Monday through January! A much needed distraction from the dark and miserable evenings.

Working on my shopping bag in sewing lesson #2

Lowlights
January has been a very grey month, I think there was even a 10 day period when I didn't see the sky for all the constant cloud and mist, February hasn't been much of an improvement so far though.
I tried Twinings Liquorice tea, it was disgusting.

Coming up in February
February is usually a much more exciting month for me and this year I’ll be celebrating my 25th birthday. The Oscars will be taking place at the end of the month which means it’ll soon be time for mine and James’ annual Oscar bet (which I'm hoping to finally win this year!) and I can't wait for the lighter nights to start rolling in – getting up and getting home in the dark is getting tedious!

Stats so far
Films seen – 9
Craft projects completed – 2

Don't forget you can always follow me on instagram! Link in the side bar > 



You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Sewing! It would probably be a smart decision to re-learn to sew (we did it in class when I was 12/13/14)! Plus you get to make all kinds of handy stuff :) Do you guys do the Oscar ballot thing? My sister, father, and I did one last year, and will probably this year. It's somehow more fun when you haven't seen half of the major movies, haha :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd ben taught to sew at school!
      We do the ballot :D We have a little side bet going on and whoever gets the most correct is treated to diner by the other (usually a cheeky Nandos :P )

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your firsts. Any "first" is always so exciting!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels good to start something new :D

      Delete
  3. You've done some pretty fun things to start the year it seems! I hope you've had a good February so far, happy birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It really was a busy month and I hope you've has a good one too :D

      Delete
  4. Oh fun! I remember taking an art class in college where we had to sew haha.

    jennnngo | twitter | latest post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my school had shown us how to sew, I'd have taken it up much sooner :)

      Delete
  5. Loove the first photo dear,
    Emma
    www. emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was tough getting all the way up there!!

      Delete