30 things to do before 30

March 06, 2017

Last month I celebrated my 25th birthday and I feel like I've achieved a lot in my 25 years; learnt to drive, graduated from university, saw a space shuttle land and most recently became a home owner – to name a few!

Now that I've reached a quarter century I feel like I'm constantly being reminded that the next big milestone is the 30. Thanks everyone!

It’s got me thinking about all the things I want to achieve and be able to say I've done before I reach the big 3 – 0, so with 5 years to accomplish it here is my list of 30 things I want to do before 30.

1. Travel to the other side of the world 
Not so much about the country as about going on my longest journey to furthest point from home I've ever been! 

green northern lights over mountains and lakes

2. See the Northern Lights
I love the sky, I could star gaze for hours and I'm obsessed with the weather. For me I think the experience would be truly magical.

3.Visit more European Cities
Living in the UK I have Europe on my doorstep and I feel I've barely scratched the surface of what’s on offer!

eiffel tower from below paris

4. Reach the top of the Eiffel Tower
A clue to one of the cities I’d like to visit… I've been to Paris once before but alas going up the tower eluded us, time to fix that!

5. Climb the three peaks
That’s the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales (Scafell Pike, Ben Nevis and Snowden). It's often done as a 24 hour challenge but without someone to drive me just having completed them all will be enough for now.

snow capped kilimanjaro

6.Summit one of the seven 
Climb Kilimanjaro to be particular. The seven refers to the highest peaks in each continent and whilst I love hiking I don’t have the time, the money or the expertise for climbing any of the others.

7. Run a half marathon
 In my lifetime I'd love to say I'd run a marathon but I'm not that great a runner and I'm currently building myself up for this year’s Manchester 10K so I still have a long way to go, therefore I'm setting a more realistic goal for the next five years.

8.Reach my body goals and maintain it 
I've struggled with my body imagine for the past seven years but never really done that much about it (apart from look gloomily in the mirror and eat a bit less chocolate) so now it’s time to really make a change!

bride bridesmaid wedding flowers
(Source)

9.Be a bridesmaid 
Probably the first to be ticked off as I'm going to be one in April!

10.Get Married/Engaged 
Speaking of weddings I’d love to have my own before I’m 30, having said that this one rests on my boyfriend’s shoulders and I don’t think he’ll be popping the question any time soon.

11. Make my own wedding dress 
As you may know I recently took up sewing and one of the reasons is so that one day I’ll have the skill to make my own wedding dress. I'm not personally a fan of the big white gowns and think it’s silly to go spending thousands on a dress for one day, plus it seems to much more personal to design my own.

long haired jack russell puppy

12. Get a puppy  
I've always grown up with dogs and I love their company! Since we've only just moved into our own home and we’re still settling in it’s definitely not the right time but I'm sure at some point within the next five years we’ll be expanding the family.

13. Start a business 
At the moment this is completely unobtainable all I know is I would love to be my own boss, I best get working on a plan!

girl holding camera

14. Own and know how to properly use a DSLR 
I love looking at old pictures and think that nothing beats the quality of a professional looking image, I just wish I could take them myself!

15. Take more pictures and videos 
I always get home from events or trips and wish I’d taken more pictures so it’s something I absolutely must start doing! As for video I love to watch people’s vlogs (especially of travel, have you checked out my favourite YouTube channel, Flying the Nest?) and it makes me realise how much I must forget of my own trips, I think if NZ comes off I’ll definitely be filming the entire trip!

autumn picnic benches

16. Go on an Autumn Picnic 
Who said it was just a summer activity! I want to sit on a blanket in a National Trust Park looking out at the beautiful Autumn colours whilst enjoying a flask of delicious homemade soup.

17. See a red squirrel 
As an animal and nature lover I’d like to catch a glimpse of our elusive native squirrel.

Stay in an Air bnb – This one is tricky as willing as I am to give it a go, no one I travel with is. Not only is it a cheaper option than staying in a hotel but it also gives you a better feeling of how the locals live, what’s not to love?!

table set for christmas dinner

18. Cook a Christmas Dinner from Scratch 
I enjoy cooking and Christmas is my favourite time of the year! I've always eaten at home and given my Mum a hand in the kitchen, now that I'm a home owner I think it’s time I gave it a go myself. Plus with Christmas on a Monday this year there will be plenty of prep time!

19. Landscape a garden 
Moving into a new build means the garden is a completely blank canvas (apart from the terrible turf the builders flopped onto the saturated soil!) I'm excited to start planning exactly how I want my garden to be and hopefully next year can put some of those plans into action!

20. Make a house a home 
This will be a forever ongoing project. We moved into our lovely new build in November and I feel that in 3 months we’re already making good progress here. There’s still a mountain to climb though, especially next year when we start to wallpaper!

road trip forest mountains
(Source)

21. Go on a road trip
I think road trips are such a good idea, a chance to follow your own route and explore somewhere new. I have two ideas in mind, either a trip up to the highlands of Scotland or a trip around Ireland. I think Ireland will be the more likely of the two and I'm sure it would be a fantastic trip!

22. Do a high adrenaline activity 
It's fair to say I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to doing anything anywhere near “extreme” I even had a bit of a freak out when I tried scuba diving and couldn't get my breathing under control at all! I’d love to say that by the time I'm 30 I’ll have done something cool, whether that be bungee at the Corinth Canal or Sky Dive over the Palm. It’s a bit of a long shot though!.

oysters and lemon
(Source)

23. Try Oysters
To be honest I’m a bit scared of the thought of this one! I love seafood though and need to stop being such a wimp about it!

24. Thoroughly pamper myself 
Get a facial, have my nails done and get waxed! All things I’ve never done before!

25. Get a massage 
I’ve never really liked the idea of strangers touching my back, it makes me a little squirmish… however I really do want to experience a massage! Who knows, maybe I’ll love it!

26. Donate Blood 
It’s something so simple yet also something I’ve never got around to doing. As it’s a completely selfish list of things I want to accomplish I think I should definitely also be giving something back!
27. Eat at a Michelin Star Restaurant 
As a lover of food I’d like to try something fancy!

28. Read a classic novel
I'm not a reader, I've never been. I know I must be missing out on some great things but I just never find the time!

burj khalifa through fish eye lens
(Source)

29. See the world from the top of the tallest building
Dubai is definitely way up their on my bucket list and hopefully somewhere I could visit in the next 5 years. The top thing I'd wan to do there is go to the top of the Burj Khalifa and see the world from the highest building in it.

30. Go Camping/Glamping
Probably leaning more towards the glamping side but it all sounds like fun!

I’ll be making sure to post about the things I tick off the list, do you think I’ll manage it all!?
What’s on your bucket list?


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. These are some great tips! I'm the wrong side of thirty and still have achieved the majority of your bucket list! I'd love to explore more of Europe and travel more. I'm more drawn to city breaks in the states or beach holidays but would love to see more or Europe. As for getting engaged, I've been with my boyfriend for 15 years and no rock as of yet. Hope you have better luck than me!
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an incredible list, there are things here that I want to accomplish too. Nice post, I really like it.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in my late 20s, I feel a bit better knowing that I've ticked off some items off this bucketlist. Lol. Love reading lists like this and hope you tick them all off!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 38 and have done quite a few of the things you have on your list. It really helps to have done a lot once you have to settle down. With two kids I need to take it slower at the moment, and knowing that I have done most of the things on my list already makes that easier.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading this post, it's so fun and inspiring! Donating blood is next on my list!

    SHAKIRA / SHAKIRA SACKS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice list!!!! already did a few and have each year more ones that I want to do before 40 ;)

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *