February Roundup

March 02, 2017

That’s February done and dusted, can you believe how quickly that month flew by? It’s definitely true that the older you get that faster time goes! Without further ado here is my round up of the final month of winter – officially, though I doubt anyone will tell the weather that…   

valentines roses bouquet
Valentines Roses

Highlights
The best part of February for me is always the same, I celebrated my birthday at the beginning of the month! Whilst it unfortunately fell on a Tuesday, which meant a full day sat in work, there was still some time to celebrate with cocktails, Caribbean cuisine, family and presents!

janome decor excel 20 sewing machine
This years star birthday present!

One present in particular was a highlight for February, my very own sewing machine, gifted to be by my generous mum, I can’t wait to start some projects on this! 

Valentine’s day was another highlight for me as James surprised me with a beautiful bunch of roses!

Speaking of James it was him that had the biggest achievement of the month, taking part in his very first half marathon and completely smashing it with a time of just over 1 hour 32 minutes.

stockport trail half marathon 2017 runners
The start of the half marathon

Lowlights
The weather. 
Thanks to what feels like an endless month of cold, wind, rain and even a bit of snow we’ve been stuck in the house every weekend. We did manage a few DIY projects and acquire a bit more furniture with our at home time but I’m starting to get cabin fever at the weekends!

rain drops puddle
(Source)

Coming up in March
Unfortunately it’s another month with nothing planned!
We’ll be spending the first two weekends (and the week in between) dog sitting! Other than that we’ll just have to wait and see where March takes us. I will definitely be completing a pretty big craft project that I spent a bit of time working on in February very soon so watch this space!

Stats so far:
Films watched – 15
Craft projects completed – 3 (In case you were wondering they were a makeup bag, a shopping tote and a cushion cover)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ah wish I could sew! Sounds like you had a very lovely February.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete