Shaking up my Skincare Regime

March 24, 2017

My skin is something that I have always struggled with. 

Since about the age of 11 I've suffered with large pores, blackheads and spots, I wouldn't go as far as calling it acne (I feel the term gets used way too lightly these days) as it has never been terrible, just constant and persistent.  I always thought that it would naturally clear up with age but despite years of waiting and trialling all sorts of products there hasn't been much of an improvement.

skin care cream heart
(Source)

I've decided that now I'm 25 it's time to really dig my heels in, say enough is enough and get my skin clearer than it's ever been (hopefully…). The one thing I have always lacked throughout my years is consistency. I've always had some sort of regime in place but the products chop and change frequently, I get suckered in by Youtube recommendations and never wanted to miss out on a new fad.

I've decided to take things back to basics, stripping out unnecessary or overly expensive products with way too many chemicals, so here is how I'll be combating my skin for the next 6 months.

Step 1
Removing makeup is the one thing in my regime that actually has been consistent for the past 2 years. My absolute favourite product is the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm – If you haven’t tried this yet you really should! It’s the only product I've ever used where it really does take off all traces of my makeup. It can seem a little pricey at £22 but it’s a fairly decent sized tub and lasts me on average 6months of once a day use. Available Here.

clinique take the day off

Step 2
Cleansing is something I've historically been terrible with. I always tended to switch my products up after only a month or two or would use scrubs daily as I thought they’d do a better job only to end up with big spots and dry patches! To keep things simple and back to basic I'll simply be using one things to cleanse and that's micellar water. I think so many people get caught up using this as a makeup remover they forget it can be a cleanser and I've enjoyed the Garnier version in the past and it’s purse friendly price tag means this is a product that’s jumping back into the routine. Available Here.

garnier micellar water


Step 3
Moisturising is something I've religiously done for many years but again is one I switch up frequently. I'm currently using the Origins Make a Difference cream and I’ll continue to the end of the pot. Once I'm through that I’ll be looking for a more affordable alternative any recommendations are more than welcome for my combination skin! Available Here.

origins make a difference cream


Step 4
Using masks is something I really am terrible at, I've never established a routine or used them on a frequent basis, but with so many old sins to correct I really need something that will draw the impurities out. I've turned my attention to the L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask and will be using this twice a week to see if I can make a difference specially to the blackheads that are so attached to hanging out on my nose – here’s hoping we’ll see the last of them! Available Here.




Step 5
Upping my water intake. This is one of those things I know I need to do and it’s so simple yet for some reason it feels like the biggest chore! I’ll be making sure I constantly fill my water bottle at work to get that recommended 2 litres.
(Source)

What are your tips for keeping a good skin care routine? Are their any products you think I should be trying, Moisturiser tips suggestions especially!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Great tips! I use almond oil to take my makeup off and I love the Vichy Liftactiv skincare!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tips and products! :D
    I love almond oil to keep my skin and hair healthy!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Kiss
    xx

    https://thathappymess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que lindo seu blog!


    Beijão!

    Isa | http://isabellalessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ou, once you get using it a bit more, I'd love to hear your opinions of that L'Oreal mask! I get blackheads all along my nose, too. They're pretty unobtrusive, but I'd rather not have them, you know? As for a moisturiser, I use the Nivea Creme, and I would say that I have combination skin. It's well priced, too. And good call with the water, at the very least it's always nice to not be dehydrated ;) You never realise how under hydrated you are until you get in the habit of drinking more water!

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Micellar water, all of these products sound great, can't wait to see how you go with them!

    SHAKIRA / SHAKIRA SACKS

    ReplyDelete

Stay in Touch

Name

Email *

Message *